At I Am Second we believe in the power of a story well told. The stories of real people and real lives, beautifully broken, human stories. They tell of a different journey and a different struggle. But all tell the story of hope. We are committed to excellent storytelling across all platforms, creatively presented with strong brand standards.
I Am Second is continuing to expand content offerings and looking for a talented editorial pro to manage and elevate our brand voice to consistent levels of excellence across our platforms. Both narrative and directional writing is at the core of the voice, along with showcasing film, audio and promotional content to fans, followers, viewers and customers.
Our editor will outline content marketing initiatives, own the content calendar, create some of the content and manage the flow of work for a small in-house and free-lance content team. This person thrives on bringing cohesion to creative campaigns across a variety of channels. She or he will also be able to work fast on tight deadlines and thrive on a collaborative creative development process.
- Work with the marketing team to plan and manage a content strategy that will drive awareness and traffic to our web platforms, apps, events and films.
- Manage the social media team and in-house/free-lance writers to concept and write creative campaigns, including marketing emails, Facebook ads and posts, tweets and display ads that will engage customers and convert to clicks.
- Periodically write, maintain and manage the blog and posting calendar.
- Post regularly and/or work with contributors to ensure that the content remains fresh and continues to build an audience.
- Work with Interactive Marketing to use tools to track, monitor and measure the success of content campaigns.
- Direct writers and/or provide short and sweet user experience copy that extends the brand voice through the website and transactional emails and encourages purchases of our products or activate constituents.
- Ensure the quality and consistency of the brand voice or content across all creative projects.
Qualifications and Preferred skills
- 5-7 years experience writing copy in-house or at an agency creative team.
- B.A. in marketing, journalism, communications or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working in an online news or similar environment is a plus.
- Demonstrated understanding and display of Christian principles and perspectives.
- An online portfolio of your freshest, least clichéd copy and writing samples (please include a link to your portfolio on your resume or cover letter).
- Natural storyteller with an innate ability to capture the interest of an audience.
- Exceptional persuasive copywriting skills; passion for precise, spare language and a deep understanding of customers and their core desires/pain points.
- A love for, and powerful command of, the English language, spelling, usage and grammar.
- Competence at juggling multiple projects and a drive to meet tight deadlines.
- Good organization and ability to self manage as well as keep a team on task.
- Temperamentally suited to roll with rapid changes of direction in an ambiguous startup environment; sense of humor a must.
- Proficiency in CMS and/or HTML editors a plus.
- The position is located in the Nashville area (Franklin, TN) and will report to the Executive Vice-President of I Am Second.
- This is a Full-Time exempt position with benefits.
- Medical Insurance (100% employer paid)
- Dental insurance available (100% employee paid)
- Life Insurance and Long-Term disability (100% employee paid)
- Vision Insurance available (100% employee paid)
- Flexible Spending Account for Medical and Dependent Care Expenses available
- Supplemental Insurance available
- 403(b) Retirement Plan